One of the things that makes living in the state of Texas so wonderful is the pride that Texas residents have in their state. The residents may not agree with every law the state passes, but they create a united front and they stand behind their state, their legislature, and their fellow Texans.
This pride is so deeply ingrained in Texans that even when they move to other states, for work purposes or family obligations, they still remain proud of Texas and true to their love of the Lone Star State.
Texas is the best state, because:
The following list shows you a sample of the reasons why Texas is the best state.
1. Texans are friendly. If you stop a Texan to ask them a question you need to be prepared to talk for a spell because they are not going to give you short answers or try to hurry you along.
2. Texas has a slower paced lifestyle. This is evident when you go anywhere in the state. People in Texas still make the time to get to know strangers, visit with friends and relatives and take the time to get involved in their communities.
3. It is a sportsman’s paradise. Fishing, hunting, and sportsman activities are encouraged in the Lone Star state. Most of the high schools even have fishing clubs for the boys and girls to join.
4. No state income tax!!
5. 600 miles of coastline and sandy beaches
6. BBQ, briskets, ribs, chicken, and delectable steaks. Texans love their BBQ and meat is the main ingredient to every great Texas cookout!
7. The Rattlesnake roundup! Sweetwater Texas is the home to the world’s largest rattlesnake roundup. The food is great and you get to see live snakes and try delectable recipes containing rattlesnake meat.
8. Mesquite wood for those BBQ’s
10. Texas Twinkies (jalapeno peppers stuffed with smoked brisket and cream cheese wrapped in bacon then grilled…
11. Bluebonnets in the spring
12. Longhorns and lots of cattle. The Texas countryside is dotted with beautiful cattle and you know your beef steaks are fresh
13. East Texas Loblolly pine trees that stand 100 feet tall
14. Southern Accents
15. Southern Belle’s who ooze beauty, grace and charm, and can also shoot guns, fish, and ride horses and bulls, as well as the men, do.
16. Cowboy boots are considered the perfect footwear for every occasion, on both men and women
17. Real country music. Country music is ingrained in the hearts of Texans, even Texans who like rap, pop, and rock, can still sing along to the old country classics sang by Willie, Waylon, and George Jones.
18. Diverse landscapes. If you like mountains, beaches, dessert like conditions, pine forests, snow, humidity, or intense heat, then Texas has something for you
19. Texas has a lower cost of living than many other states
20. Texas has a faster growing economy than many other states
21. Texas offers diverse employment opportunities due to the many American and global companies that have corporate headquarters in the state
22. Texas is a liberal state that is accepting of the differences in people. You can say we are just less judgmental of folks. We care more about how you treat other people than who you sleep with or how you worship.
23. Texas people are devoted to their families and in Texas when you insult someone’s family then you have picked a real fight.
24. Most Texans own guns.
25. Outdoor activities like fishing and hunting are preferred by the majority of the people in the state. Texas is too beautiful for the residents to sit indoors and not enjoy the scenery.
26. When you are driving down the road people who know you, and some people who do not know you, are gonna wave at you. Hint: it is considered to not wave back
27. In Texas when a funeral procession is passing other cars stop by pulling ove to the side of the road, and the occupants of the car bows their heads in respect for the grieving family
28. Homecoming mums are bigger, prettier, and flashier in Texas. Heck we even put mums on our trucks!
29. High school football, Friday night lights, and cheering on your local athletes.
30. The Dallas Cowboys are from Texas!
Here’s a Dallas travel guide video by Expedia:
31. The Houston Texans are from Texas!
32. NASA, need I say more?
33. Shiner Bock and Pearl beer are brewed in Texas
34. Chuck Norris
35. Lake Sam Rayburn is the biggest manmade lake in Texas and offers some of the best fishing that an angler can want. The Big Bass Splash happens on Lake Sam Rayburn!
36. Rural areas and parties in pastures. Don’t forget to shut the gate and stay outta the beans, and you know don’t mess with the bull cause he can get real mean. Those are words from a song but they apply to most small Texas town parties on any weekend night.
37. Pickup trucks are more popular than sports cars and limo’s
38. Men are courteous to women. They open doors for women, tip their hats, and are respectful when they speak to women. You will find more gentlemen in Texas.
39. San Antonio, the Alamo, the River-walk, and the rich culture and heritage that exists in this beautiful Texas town. There is no other place on earth that is like San Antonio!
40. Colorado Bend State Park. This is one of the most popular state parks in Texas and it is one of the most popular outdoor attractions for anyone who likes to hike, swim, camp, or go boating. It is just northwest of Austin and while you are in that area you will also want to make a trip to see Hamilton pool that is a stunning pool created by water washing over limestone and then flowing via a waterfall into the grotto below. Yes, you can swim and play in the water while you are there but beware the site is popular and you might have to make a reservation.
41. The King Ranch. This ranch was made famous by being the largest ranch in Texas and by breeding the Santa Gertrudis cattle and thoroughbred quarter horses. Texas would not be the best if we did not have the King Ranch.
42. The West Texas caves where the infamous prehistoric rock art exists, and where you can explore natural wonders and relics left behind by native Texans.
43. The Whiteside Museum of Natural History located in Seymour where you can be reminded that Texas is home to the supreme paleontologically significant collections of Precambrian reptiles skeletons and remains. You can view the dimetrodon skeletons and see the ongoing digs and the process of cleaning up the skeletal remains as they are discovered in this area.
44. Texas has a rich native American history and was home to Apache. Caddo, Comanche and many other native American tribes.
45. Beautiful Wildflowers. The state of Texas is home to more than 2,700 distinct wildflower species. Those wonderful blooms including the Indian paintbrush, the Firewheel and the Pink evening primrose create a pallet of color along the Texas highways and woodland paths that make Texas a picture perfect place to visit. You can visit the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower center and discover all you will ever want to know about the wildflowers that grow in Texas and how to identify each plant.
46. Bluebell ice cream is found in Texas and it is the best tasting ice cream in all of the world.
47. The Dairy Queen restaurants in Texas sell more than just ice cream. In Texas, you can go to DQ and order tacos, dumplings, burgers, ice cream cakes, and more, but in some other states all the DQ establishments offer is sweet treats.
48. In Texas, it is expected of children to address adults as ma’am or mister. Children are taught to use the magic phrases, “yes ma’am, no ma’am, thank you ma’am and please.
Here’s an interesting video about all the Crazy Things Texans Say! Now, let’s talk like a Texan!:
49. Open carry is permitted so Texans are free to get a license and carry their side-arms anywhere they go.
50. You can sit on your porch and hear the coyotes calling or the screech owls. The sounds of nature are readily available in Texas.
51. Rodeos! There is nothing more exhilarating than going to a rodeo like the one at the Houston Livestock show each year or the prison rodeo in Huntsville where you can see real cowboys and real cowgirls doing what they do best.
52. Texas is home to some of the best medical hospitals. We have Memorial Hermann Texas Medical center in Houston, Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, St. Luke Episcopal Hospital in Houston and many more great medical hospitals.
53. The Dalmation Fire Hydrant located in Beaumont Texas. It was built by Disney and can blast 1,500 gallons of water per minute.
54. The three pound cinnamon roll you can only get in San Antonio Texas.
55. The Texas State Fair where an enormous cowboy stands at the gate.
56. The Giant rocking chair located in Lipan is almost twenty six feet tall!
57. There is a pair of 40 foot tall cowboy boots in San Antonio.
58. Texas is home to the annual Oatmeal Festival held on Labor Day held in Oatmeal Texas who just happens to have a water tower that is a replica of an oatmeal container.
59. The Fort Stockton roadrunner statue that is eleven feet tall and twenty two feet long is located here.
In Texas, the people are proud of the military and they support the military with several military bases.
Hey Kyle! It’s already 60 here 😉 – but I love the reasons you described.
60. Texas is home to the Brooks City Air Force Base located in San Antonio.
61. Texas is home to the Dyess Air Force Base located in Abilene
62. Texas is home to the Goodfellow Air Force Base in San Angelo.
63. Texas is home to the Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio.
64. Texas is home to the Laughlin Air Force Base in Del Rio.
65. Texas is home to the Randolph Air Force Bse in Universal City.
66. Texas is home to the Sheppard Air Force Base in Witchita Falls.
67. Texas is home to the Fort Bliss Army Base in El Paso.
68. Texas is home to the Fort Hood Army Base in Killeen.
69. Texas is home to the Sam Houston Army Base in San Antonio.
70. Texas is home to the Red River Army Depot Army Base I in Bowie County.
71. Texas is home to the Camp Bowie Army Base in Brownwood.
72. Texas is home to Camp Bullis Army Base in San Antonio.
73. Texas is home to Camp Mabry Army Base in Austin Texas.
74. Texas is home to Camp Stanley Storage Activity Army in San Antonio.
75. Texas is home to Martindale Army Airfield Army Base in San Antonio.
76. Texas is home to Camp Swift Army Base in Bastrop County.
77. Texas is home to Biggs Army Air Field at Fort Bliss in El Paso.
78. Texas is home to the Corpus Christi Army Depot.
79. Texas is home to the NAS Corpus Christi Nay Base in Flour Bluff.
80. Texas is home to the JRB Fort Worth Navy Base in Fort Worth.
81. Texas is home to NS Ingleside Navy Base in Ingleside.
82. Texas is home to NAS Kingsville Navy Base in Kingsville.
83. Texas is home to the Medical Education and Training Campus Fort Sam Houston.
84. Texas is home to towns like Cut-n-Shoot, Kermit, Loco, Jot ‘Em Down, Ding Dong, Cool, Gun Barrel, and Blessing.
Texas is home to 143 colleges and universities. We take the idea of higher education very seriously here in the Lone Star state. We may speak slow, and stand around jawing with our neighbors a lot, but deep down we are a well-educated group of people who simply choose to not be uppity or be a show off. Some of our infamous schools of higher education include:
85. Texas A&M, Baylor University, Sam Houston State University, Texas State University, and Texas Tech University.
Football is of course the number one beloved sport in Texas, but we also are home to some awesome baseball, soccer, and basketball teams. Texas is proud to be home to:
86. The San Antonio Spurs, The Dallas Mavericks, The Dallas Wings, and the Houston Rockets show us how basketball is played in the Lone Star State.
87. The Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros show us how baseball should be done.
88. The Houston Dash, the Houston Dynamo, and FC Dallas show that other game of “football” is played here.
Texas has given the entertainment industry many famous faces and without those faces, music and film would simply not be as good as it is today.
89. Texas gave the world Matthew McConaughey. “Alright, alright, alright”
90. Texas gave the world Nick Jonas, Ciara, and Roy Orbison.
91. Texas gave the world Patrick Swayze, Carol Burnett and Forest Whitaker.
92. Texas gave the world Selena Gomez, Luke Wilson, and Wes Anderson.
93. Texas gave the world Sharon Tate, Farrah Fawcett, and Solange Knowles.
94. Texas gave the world Woody Harrelson, Tommy Lee Jones and Steve Martin.
95. Texas gave the world Kelly Clarkson, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Waylon Jennings.
96. Texas gave the world Jennifer Garner, Jpan Crawford, and Debbie Reynolds.
97. Texas gave the world Janis Joplin, Buddy Holly, and Jim Parsons.
98. Texas gave the world King George Strait, George Foreman, and George Jones.
99. Texas gave the world Kris Kristofferson, Kenny Rogers, and Maren Morris.
Numbers 100 and 101 in the reason why Texas is best are simple. The skies are brilliantly lit by stars on a blanket of deep blue skies and we get to eat Tex-Mex food which is a list of wonders unto itself.
Texas has a reputation for creating things that are bigger and better. That might be because Texans believe the saying, “go BIG or go HOME”!
Texas is really an awesome state with awesome things in it that make every Texan proud to live within her borders.